T2 Packaging Team Leader
Requisition ID: 9446
A Career in Beer....
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We're TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
As the T2 Packaging Team Leader you are responsible for safely managing the shift operation, supporting the Packaging team's continuous development, working both at the situational and systemic level. This position leads the execution and sustainability of World Class Supply Chain (WCSC) efforts for the packaging area and teams through a process of involvement, performance management and personal leadership. This position is accountable for the implementation of programs, policies and procedures; in addition to coordinating efforts and resources across teams to achieve shared goals.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Operates with a focus on safety, quality and efficiency, guiding and monitoring team members in their adherence to Safety the Molson Coors Way and World Class Supply Chain methodologies to optimize the team's performance.
- Guides, develops and monitors the team to utilize World Class Supply Chain 5S practices to ensure a clean, organized, safe and productive work environment.
- Uses Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to optimize team performance, and make decisions to improve and optimize throughout the work areas.
- Motivates the teams to deliver its best performance on an on-going basis
- Proficient in all processes and equipment related to area of accountability and able to work with the teams to assess the feasibility and value of ideas.
- Ensures co-ordination between teams and other teams both inside and outside the area (asset care, brewing, quality, and engineering).
- Interprets production plan schedule requirements, and works with the teams to organize team members and equipment/material resources to execute the plan.
- Leads value optimized projects to drive costs savings across the department and brewery.
- Works with the teams to analyze team's actual production output against schedule and adjust production plan accordingly.
- Uses working knowledge of manufacturing systems to maximize operations in concert with supply chain.
- Applies working knowledge of packaging process to guide the teams in enacting improvements.
- College Diploma, BA/BS Degree (or equivalent) with 3 years proven experience in leading beer or high speed packaging line activities. Experience in a unionized environment including application of a collective agreement would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of relevant hygiene, food safety, health and safety legislation (including environmental) including safe work practices
- Knowledge of packaging operations (theory & application), cost management and LEAN concepts
- Strong analytical skills, good communications, innovative approach and real sense of urgency
- Ability to demonstrate Molson Coors' Success Factors: Lead Change, Challenge the Expected, Build Team, Build Relationships, Deliver Results, Delight Consumers and Customers, and Lead People
- As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
Work Perks that You Need to Know About :
- Opportunity to work for a global brewing company that is one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- We play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to our employees hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- We take people development seriously offering growth opportunities through talent and development programs and career planning
- Access to the things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment, Employee Assistance Program and innovative open concept head office
- Participation in our Total Rewards program which includes; competitive base salary, incentive plans, annual merit review, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.