Assistant Merchandising Manager
A Career in Beer….
Founded in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is one of North America’s oldest brewing companies, and we’re also one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and have the hardware to prove it as recipients of 50 Most Engaged Workplaces and Canada Top Employers for Young People. We have a desire to win, but always in the right way. We’re looking for smart, ambitious beer champions that want to jump right in and make a difference working in an innovative brand led company committed to brewing quality products.
The Assistant Merchandising Manager is accountable for assisting the Merchandising Manager in the overall sourcing, strategy development, and execution of the Molson Coors Strategic Branded Merchandise Plan. While working closely with our Channel Marketing team, you will assist the merchandising department to reach its product innovation goals to continuously drive beer sales on premise and at retail stores.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Support and help execute the Branded Merchandise Category and Sourcing Strategy through product ideation, development, procurement, and execution
- Assist Merchandising Manager with strategy development and an annual Category Plan
- Be an expert and own full sourcing cycle and critical path for Branded Merchandise which includes innovation/needs development, quoting and complex supplier negotiations, quality approvals, receiving, and delivery to end customers
- Responsible for assisting with identifying preferred suppliers; negotiations and procurement. Assist and/or develop Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Issue escalation and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Lead and assist with all tools/processes including eStore content management, budget tracking, savings tracking, margins generation, supplier score card, item master set-up, Shopping Cart creation (SAP front-end), gate keeper of rate card pricing and specification sheets
- Assist in building category supply knowledge including product specifications ensuring suppliers meet quality merchandise standards
- Lead and assist the final executional requirements of all National Merchandising Activations with our 3rd party logistics and fulfillment provider
Just a Few Reasons Why Molson Coors is an Employer of Choice:
- Opportunity to work for a global brewing company that is one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to our employees hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- We take people development seriously offering growth opportunities through talent and development programs and career planning
- Opportunity to take part in industry-leading Beer Education. Our employees become Certified Beer Enthusiasts, and we offer an in-house training program that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to the things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment, Employee Assistance Program and innovative open concept head office
- Participation in our Total Rewards program which includes; competitive base salary, incentive plans, annual merit review, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
If You Have The Following…We Want To Hear From You!
- BA/BS or appropriate university/college degree
- Retail or beverage industry knowledge is preferred
- Experience in sourcing and buying high volume branded merchandise (eg. barware, textiles, unique promotional items) from both domestic and offshore suppliers is preferred
- Experience with an on-line merchandising ordering system and warehousing/fulfillment model is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within category/branded merchandising, sourcing/buying, product forecasting, customer marketing, and/or field marketing (sales/customer)
- Effective communication, written and oral skills along with strong analytical skills required. Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Effective project management skills are required with the ability to adapt to a changing, high pressure, and fast paced environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You demonstrate Molson Coors’ Success Factors: Lead Change, Challenge the Expected, Build Team, Build Relationships, Deliver Results, Delight Consumers and Customers, and Lead People
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
Molson Coors: Building Careers Since 1786