Business Development Executive
The successful candidate will work directly with Ontario businesses to assess their strategic challenges and growth opportunities. By evaluating these key aspects of the businesses, the Business Development Manager will formulate plans to overcome these obstacles and take advantage of these opportunities through various government funding mechanisms and other resources and strategies.
The ongoing expectations for the role include:
- Business Development – 80% Meeting with 4 clients per day on average for one-on-one review of initiatives and funding opportunities; primarily in person but also via webinar tools.
- Prospective clients may be generated due to workshops, online webinars, email campaigns, or direct referrals. On average 80% of prospects may be assigned with meeting scheduled automatically by a lead coordinator.
- Preparation of preliminary documentation and information materials for prospective clients; several tools are available for customization, in addition to standard materials.
- Documentation of sales progress via entry into a CRM system; entry is required 2 times per week; in the event that prospective clients are from webinars, workshops, or email campaigns, the basic details may already be entered.
Process Initiation & Management – 20% Transition successful deal to a respective internal team member for the writing process to begin;
- On average 80% of successful deals will be automatically assigned based on expertise of respective funding program and capacity.
- You will be responsible for making the appropriate introductions and communicating known key details.
- This may involve a follow-up joint meeting, email introductions, or conference. In the event of communication issues while completing the writing process, your involvement may be required to reach out to the client & resolve.
Required Supporting Activities for Success:
- Lead workshops and other public speaking opportunities to establish a connection with new prospects and develop relationships with key strategic partners.
- Meet with strategic partners to identify new needs and opportunities within their respective industry or member base.
- Present findings to the research & marketing team for new development as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of new and existing funding programs including key criteria and details required to effectively pair programs with various initiatives; all research is compiled internally into several available learning tools.
- Meet with the writing team once per week (Monday) to discuss opportunities, progress, issues, etc.
- Travel will be required to reach the various clients across Southern Ontario and hours may increase beyond regular hours depending on funding schedules and active client numbers.
- There will be opportunities to learn the details of this process through a shadowing process with Bernadeen McLeod, the owner of Mentor Works Ltd.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years experience in a sales role preferred (can include co-op, etc. Please detail past sales performance in résumé and/or cover letter)
- Business development experience across manufacturing, agriculture, and/or tech industries is preferred with a documentation of past success
- Ability to support the activities of the team to ensure client commitments are completed in a timely manner
- Experienced public speaker in workshop settings
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, organization, an analytical skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a variety of environments
- Strong experience and commitment to modern sales tools and supporting technology
- Advanced use of Outlook 2013 and Exchange: Categories, Calendar Management, & Rules o Advanced Experience in a SME level ERP/CRM system such as Salesforce, Sugar CRM, Zoho CRM, Microsoft Dynamics, Siebel, etc
- Familiarity with Lync or similar webinar and conference technology
- Familiarity with Dropbox or similar cloud storage systems.
- Basic Excel 2013: multi-field filtering & sorting, pdf preparation
Compensation will be negotiated based upon experience and will consist of base + performance incentives.