Managing Matters Inc. is an association management and event management agency and we pride ourselves on our close relationships with our clients, as well as our customer service. We are a growing business based out of Toronto that provides full-service association management and event management across Canada. Our core values are COMPANY GROWTH, TEAM SPIRIT and providing AMMAZING QUALITY to our clients. Our mission is to be the largest and most customer-service oriented association management and event management firm in Canada.
Since 2004 Managing Matters has grown to consist of 18 team members and a strong and growing internship program. We believe in keeping our team members motivated and fulfilled by working with them to reach their personal goals. Our ever expanding environment also allows for opportunities for our employees to move up and take on increased responsibilities within the company as we grow.
At Managing Matters we believe in appreciating our staff and all the wonderful work they do for us. We celebrate their positive attitudes and sense of community spirit.
Managing Matters offers consistent and constant service that will remain with our clients over time and pride ourselves in showing the initiative in keeping our clients current and successful - they also benefit from our specialized services and our philosophy of strengthening our clients network by connecting them with our other clients.
This is who we are.
Are you one of us?
Do you feel that you could benefit from a working environment with carefully selected, highly capable, engaged team members? Do you want to interact with customers to create customer value far superior to that offered by the competition? Sounds like you would make a great event coordinator! Event Coordinators are responsible for coordinating and/ or leading all aspects of planning and executing up to 200 company wide client events on an annually basis. Events include: conferences, golf tournaments and professional development events in Toronto, across Canada and Internationally.
The event coordinator should have a passion for event management and for delivering outstanding customer service.
Must be hard working with ability to project needs, manage multiple priorities and work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Evening and weekend work may be required.
Interested in the day to day duties?
- Site inspections
- Supplier sourcing, liaison
- Contract negotiations
- Volunteer training & management
- Food & beverage organization
- Minute taking of event planning sessions, distribution of minutes (as required)
- Securing all event supplies
- Critical path development
- Risk management
- Printed material coordination
- Contingency planning
- Full reporting (internally & externally)
- Marketing (e-blasts, call campaigns, etc.)
- Updating and maintaining database records
- Membership communications (email, phone)
- Website updates, as required
- Complete on-site event execution
- Organizing of all logistics pertaining to the event.
- General administrative activities
- Communicating and reporting to stakeholders, suppliers, etc.
- General management of all events
What is your background?
Desired skills and Experience
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to take care of details while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines with little supervision and in changing environments
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive outlook regarding working long hours over extended periods of time
- Intermediate computer skills including MS office and Excel
- Relevant post-secondary education (preferably a business degree) with a minimum of 1-3 years in project management, event management or client services
Learn more about our Managing Matters Inc. here.
We thank all interested applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.