Corporate Responsibility Co-Op
About the Role:
At LoyaltyOne, we're in the business of enriching relationships between brands and their customers. We do this by following a specific statement of values that allow us to be leaders in the market place.
Supporting this defining statement is a set of objectives distilled down to the Strategic 3. One of these key objectives is Building a Leading Organization, with Corporate Responsibility and an engaged workforce being key focus areas on how we achieve this.
LoyaltyOne is a recognized leader in the area of Corporate Responsibility.
With numerous awards and recognition for our environmental sustainability initiatives, we're also very passionate and committed to corporate philanthropy, employee wellness and giving back to our communities through volunteering.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Responsibility, the Corporate Responsibility Coordinator (Co-op) will provide end-to-end support of Corporate Responsibility projects and events to ensure milestones and expected project outcomes are met within schedule, quality and cost constraints.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Support all aspects of assigned projects, scheduling, team building and resource assignment, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, and assisting team to meet milestones / final deliverables. At any one time a Corporate Responsibility Coordinator (Co-op) typically will provide support for 1-2 event or education projects and 2-4 other projects ranging in size and impact.
- Track, monitor and communicate project's progress against the project plan, requirements, quality measures, budget and milestones. A wide range of communication methods are used, including e-mail updates and project team meetings. Project team meetings are typically scheduled on a weekly to bi-weekly basis; frequency of communication to the Project Sponsor, the Leadership Team, etc. is as agreed upon with those stakeholders.
- Participate in developing communication to all staff about CR cultural changes / events / education / strategies at LoyaltyOne. This can include developing the communication campaign, delivering digital elements for digital signage, collaborating with Corporate Communications & Care Communications teams (and potentially external parties).
- The Corporate Responsibility Coordinator (Co-op) will primarily support the organizations Environment & Sustainability portfolio but may also be required to support the Charitable & Volunteerism business lanes as required.
Examples of projects include:
- Energy and carbon reporting for our real estate portfolio
- LEED EB:O&M for our downtown corporate office
- Clean Air Commute through Sustain Mobility
- Our annual day of Corporate Volunteering called CommunityOne Day
- Annual Accountability Report
- Sustainable fleet management
- Associate engagement initiatives
- Support LoyaltyOne's efforts to "green" its supply chain
- Volunteering opportunity sourcing and promotion through our Volunteer time-off program
Other responsibilities may include:
- Serve as internal resource and liaison CR issues.
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts where needed.
- Contribute to CR assessment and consulting engagements, and other external
- Support CR reporting processes, working with business units and communications.
- Attend conferences, participate in CR membership organizations, gather and
- share resources.
- Benchmark competition and industry best practices.
- Work with HR, Internal Communications and Associate Engagement teams to develop internal communications and Associate involvement plans as needed.
- Contributor and editor for the Corporate Responsibility intranet site pages.
- Analyze areas of impact and craft carbon footprint reduction strategy in concert with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Vet options for external reporting or commitments.
- Work with external communications and other parties to pursue appropriate
- public relations, marketing, recognition & awards to validate LoyaltyOne's efforts.
- Assist the Social Responsibility Committee in establishing and meeting corporate
- sustainability goals and metrics. Manage and track goals and metrics.
- Work with other external consultants as needed (i.e, energy audit
- Support other Corporate Responsibility initiatives as needed.
Please submit your application, consisting of Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts* through JobMine.
- Bachelor of Commerce or Arts degree in progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written, oral and general communications skills
- Strong attention to detail Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects while delivering on schedule and on budget
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Team spirit, willingness to collaborate and assist within the team and across organization
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including the AIR MILES Reward Program, that each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years (including 2015), LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify