Client Marketing Specialist
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including Precima and the AIR MILES Reward Program, each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years, LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
Execute Marketing Calendar
- Work jointly with Client Marketing Manager on AMRP campaign planning and the delivery of marketing activities for assigned Sponsors
- Execute approximately 200+ campaigns annually
- Works with Sponsor team in the planning process to ensure lead time, resources and channel support availability. Initiate jobs with Agency (Squareknot) and ensure creative aligns with strategic objectives and deliverables outlined
- Ensure all creative assets are supplied, built to spec, on schedule, within budget, and comply with legal and brand standards (AMRP and Sponsor)
Day to Day Response (Internal and External)
- Build and maintain a professional relationship with Sponsor counterparts by responding to Sponsor requests and questions as it relates to creative or the execution of campaigns under direction of Client Marketing Manager and Client Lead
- Build and maintain a professional relationship with Sponsors, internal marketing and Squareknot counterparts
- Act on behalf of the Sponsor team as an advocate and expert for projects that involve Squareknot or other agencies
- Support Sponsor inquiries/needs related to operations, customer care and other functional tasks
Maintain & Grow Knowledge
- Develop an understanding of the Sponsors' business (marketing challenges, sales/revenue targets, category/industry)
- Continuously monitor competitive marketing via internet, trade publications, signing up for competitive programs with an eye for creative uses and how we can apply that to our marketing.
- Update the Client Lead / Client Marketing Manager with findings and make suggestions for changes
- Based on the above research present proposals on how to enhance current marketing pieces (both AMRP and Sponsor's)
- Provide input both positive and challenges to support a best practices culture within the Sponsor account teams
Budgets & Results
- Work with Client Marketing Manager to gather results and learnings in preparation for post campaign review with Sponsor
- Manage budgets for creative projects ensuring that we are at the lowest costs possible.
- Review hours being billed and if the level of involvement on the Squareknot side is required for the scope of the project.
- If required by client quote out projects to outside companies to ensure the best spend of budget
- Bachelor's Degree and/or College Diploma in Marketing
- Minimum of 1-2 years of directly related work experience in DM agency or client experience in direct, interactive or promotional marketing
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; proficient in ADOBE PDF
- Experience with the Retail Industry considered an asset
- Extremely strong written and verbal skills with the ability to clearly communicate client creative needs to agencies for development
- Strong creative aptitude with the ability to suggest better ways for creative treatments along with strong reasoning of why
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills, extremely detailed oriented
- Proactive and solution driven
- Strong knowledge of marketing channels and creative processes
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.