Analytics & Insights Analyst, Retail Co-Op
LoyaltyOne is seeking a 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate student interested in working in a dynamic Canadian-headquartered corporation.
A student interested in working in a dynamic Canadian-headquartered corporation with a career interest in business & analysis for our Client Services division
Working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial team environment, we expect that you will contribute to the organization's strategies while learning invaluable skills such as functional expertise, project management, ability to work in cross-functional/multi-level teams and process improvement. This is a great opportunity to work in a leading brand, be given the ability to effect change and have the capability to change how we work.
The Analytics Solutions (Formerly Consumer Intelligence Group) provides world class analytical solutions through the delivery of insights that enable our clients to build stronger mutually-beneficial relationships with their customers. The group works directly with the sponsors of the program as well as internal business managers to ensure the successful partnering with our clients.
Working with and in support of Sponsor and Channel Marketing, the Analytics Solutions Co-op Specialist will develop actionable insights and recommendations for marketing strategies. This position entails leveraging Air Miles consumer collector data and utilizing Business Intelligence (BI) software to interpret and extract strategies regarding consumer behavior.
As an expert in the interpretation and application of consumer data and analytics, the incumbent will support the development of customer centric business strategies by:
- Deliver collector insights to support business objectives:
- Leverage consumer data to provide insightful recommendations to internal and external marketing clients regarding marketing and business strategies
- Deliver high quality reports and presentations for specific audiences
- Participate in team initiatives to conduct timely quantitative and qualitative evaluation of AIR MILES Reward Program and AIR MILES Reward Program marketing initiatives against stated objectives
- Link analysis and results to business issue and/or analytic objective
- Provide actionable, strategic recommendations (where appropriate)
- Research and monitor market landscape for key learning and insights
- Collaborate to ensure 'shared learning's' across team
- Proactively participate in opportunities to improve skill set
- Implement initiatives into daily work
3) Alignment, Integration, Communication across the AIR MILES REWARD PROGRAM and Beyond:
- Participate as a member of the Analytics Solutions team to deliver actionable insights and recommendations on changing consumer behavior
- Support the Analytics Solutions Manager & team on all client accountabilities
- Share key learning and recommendations from analysis to broader Analytic Solutions and AIR MILES REWARD PROGRAM teams
- Innovate through thought and action by consistently generating new ideas for organization and clients
- Proactively highlight opportunities to develop, enhance or remove existing tools and processes
- Support the gathering and documentation of such processes
- Demonstrate effective leadership and expertise across team and function
- Ability to utilize strong written and oral communications skills in a composed and professional manner
- Highly detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and ownership of responsibilities
- Team oriented individual who demonstrates willingness to collaborate and assist others
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Previous exposure to SAS / SQL is preferred but not required
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Preference given to candidates with previous corporate exposure in areas of analytics, retail marketing and consumer behaviour
- Students from one of the following disciplines or other quantitative subjects related to the study of consumer behaviour are our most likely candidates: Business, Marketing, Market Research, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Economics, Engineering , Mathematics
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation