WebSphere Commerce Software Developer, Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 12 month work term commencing May 2015.
Main Responsibilities for WebSphere Commerce Software Developer include: Commerce is the industry leading e-commerce platform in the market today and is based on J2EE technology. Exposure to this product, software stack (OS, DB, App Server, WebServer) and technology will provide you with invaluable, high demand skills for your future.
Candidate will be responsible to work as part of an agile scrum with a primary responsibility of functional verification and/or system/performance test which consists of:
- Working with architects and developers to define test coverage based on customer requirements and use cases
- Installation and configuration of software stack and applications in various configurations and topologies.
- Execution of manual and automated test cases to validate capability/find defects and problem determination to narrow down the problem.
- Automation development of test scripts based in java for regression testing as well as inclusion in the product for delivery to customers.
- Opportunity to work on the development of test framework, infrastructure and new automation tooling.
- Potential to work on customization testing which consists of developing additional capability and evaluating the customizability of the product.
- Opportunity to work with developers to execute unit test cases
- Experience with Linux, Unix, data storage solutions and
- Experience with Java, Java Script
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a group of peers
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM offers you:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events. Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.