User Experience (UX) Designer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. These positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Toronto (Yonge/Bloor) and is a 8 month work term commencing September 2015.
We are seeking User Experience (UX) interaction designer who specializes in mobile applications and web sites. We need a UX designer who can push design boundaries while balancing an elegant user experience with the highest degree of usability. Are you compelled to analyze design you see and touch all around you every day and then imagine a better way? Can you collaborate to bring an idea to life? We want your creative flair, your up-to-date industry knowledge and your can-do approach. Bring us your design portfolio and let's talk!
- Knowledge of or experience in creating intelligent design solutions for mobile and web
- Gathering requirements/consolidate input from multiple stakeholders
- Experience in using a variety of platforms such as Windows, Mobile (iOS and Android), Web and Mac technologies
- Experience in UX design including wireframes, prototyping and user flows using Axure or other prototyping tolls
- Experience in creating style guide sand graphic assets
- Initiatives, share your viewpoint, and are comfortable with clients and managing their expectations on a daily basis
- Experience collaborating with a UX team and working with developers to implement the design in an Agile environment
- Passionate about creating an exceptional user experience while being practical about what can be achieved in a realistic timelines
- Candidate for a university degree or college diploma in graphic design/UX design, engineering or math
- Experience in engaging customers through current social media platforms
- Experienced with responsive/adaptive design
- Work well with other people's napkin drawings and enjoy iterating collaboratively
- Follow brand guidelines, but do not settle for boring
- Work in a deadline-sensitive environment
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.