Technical Support Analyst - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. These positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Ottawa and is a 4 month work term commencing in September 2015
Main Responsibilities for Technical Support Analyst include:
The IBM Cognos Support team is responsible for providing World Class technical software support. To achieve this objective we have teams of professionals who test, simulate, and resolve a variety of technical and design issues while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
Working with other experienced team members, our Intern/Co-op Students help provide solutions to client requirements in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be providing technical support to live production and test systems, providing mission critical assistance, to Fortune 1000 companies from around the World.
The opportunities to learn are: Databases (Tier 1 Database (DB)'s-> IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server etc), Structured Query Language (SQL), Networking, Web servers, Operating System (including UNIX), industry standard troubleshooting tools and techniques, business analysis, leadership, and effective communication
The challenge will be to meet customer expectations with a high degree of satisfaction. You will be part of a dynamic team, and together, responsible for your customer's success.
- You are a First, Second, Third or Fourth year student.
- Have a proven aptitude for Computer Science or Information Technology and have previous exposure to all or some of the following technologies: SQL, Databases, Networking, Programming, Web server, and UNIX.
- You possess proven oral and written communications skills and are able to work effectively both individually and with others.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- The ability to have fun and work hard is considered a key asset.
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset.
What IBM Offers You:
- 1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- 2. Work is challenging and rewarding
- 3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- 4. A casual dress code to ensure work-life balance
- 5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.