System Services Product Manager - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position(s) is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 12 month work term commencing June 2015
Main Responsibilities for System Services Product Manager include:
Employees in this role work closely with the Sales and pre-sales team in the development, deployment and life cycle management of offerings. They ensure that the locally developed or global offerings are implemented and enabled with the sales force. They are heavily involved in the development of the sales and proposal collateral used by the sales and pre-sales teams. Proper enablement of the offerings is critical to the success of that offering. Product managers quickly become a subject matter expert on their assigned offering and become the "go-to" resource questions, modifications or information on the offering. They are considered an extension of the sales team and maintain a database of materials on the offerings they support
- Development and maintenance of locally developed offerings
- Local enablement of globally developed offerings
- Development of sales, proposal and contract collateral
- Participation in sales enablement training and education
- Work with procurement teams in establishing/updating procurement contract with business partners.
- Work with Sales teams on responses to Requests for Proposals
- Maintain a data base of the sales material and recent proposal responses
Desired Qualifications required:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products - MS Word, Powerpoint and excel
- Demonstrate proven verbal and written communications skills
- Proven presentation and interpersonal Skills
- IT background would be an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain Product Certifications during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.