Software Verification Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
- This Student Position resides in Ottawa and is an 8 month work term commencing September 2015
Main Responsibilities for Software Verification Developer include:
As an IBM Software Verification Developer, you will be part of Jazz Reporting Service (JRS) team. We are looking for candidates currently enrolled in computer science or computer engineering that are interested in software testing. Candidates must have demonstrated technical ability and be able to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to learn and grasp new concepts. Our position offers an opportunity to acquire knowledge and develop technical skills in the areas of test case development, test automation, data management, web applications, and enterprise reporting capability. You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, testers, and business professionals focused on the next generation of reporting for our suite of development lifecycle management tools.
- Knowledge of test principles
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of database systems and concepts
- Knowledge of test automation is an asset
- Knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.