Software Test Specialist - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet. The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. These positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Victoria and is a 4 month work term commencing May 2015
This role executes the tasks required to fully test an IBM product or system to ensure it functions according to specifications and customer requirements and meets the business needs. Testing activities cover all aspects of the product/system including function/component, performance, system, regression, and service. Software Tester Specialists may set up test environments, design, and plan testing activity, develop test cases/scenarios/use cases, and/or execute required testing. Testers also investigate problems uncovered during testing, recreating those problems as appropriate and executing fix validations. They provide feedback on usability, serviceability and documentation and report status to the appropriate audience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the domain that they are responsible for testing. For example, a functional tester must have demonstrated knowledge of the function that they are responsible for
- Knowledge of the overall solution
- Knowledge of the target market for the product and the customer environment
- Familiar with testing methodologies, tools and techniques
- Coop or internship program enrollment
What IBM offers you:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.