This is an opportunity to join IBM Canada as a Software Developer specializing in Quality Engineering. You will join a dynamic and innovative team based in Victoria BC. This team collaborates with a global team to deliver industry leading software solutions to IBM and it's customers.
IBM is a world leader in developing software solutions and products using the latest technologies and processes.
As part of a driven team delivering solutions using the Agile methodology this role will contribute by:
- working closely with the development and quality team along with the stakeholders to understand the functional, non-functional, and performance requirements
- designing and implementing test automation to ensure the quality of all builds/releases.
- participating actively in all phases of the Agile process
- understanding software development, quality engineering, and security best practices and working with the team to ensure they are applied and validated
Desirable skills include:
- Unix experience.
- Relational Database (DB) and SQL scripting
- Test automation
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position
- Bachelor's Degree
- English: Fluent
- Information Technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.