Software Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. Positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Ottawa and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
Main Responsibilities for Software developer include:
IBM Analytics is revolutionizing business software and how the entire world uses it. We strive to put the insights and productivity, which are generated by business software, in the hands of every business creator. With the creation of futuristic products like IBM Watson Analytics and IBM Bluemix, more entrepreneurs and startups can now afford the technological resources necessary to turn their world-changing ideas into reality.
We are looking for your fresh perspective, creativity, and enthusiasm in designing and developing state-of-the-art user interfaces with compelling user experience. We are not looking for a particular skill set. We are seeking software developers who possess the ability to learn new technologies and concepts rapidly, and are passionate about software innovation.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Demonstrated passion for technology and technical community (i.e. contribution to open source, volunteerism, and/or programming contests)
- Front-end skills and basic understanding of how back-end software works.
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.