Security Software Engineer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Fredericton and is a 8 month work term commencing September 2015
The Security Intelligence (QRadar) Product Security team is seeking an individual to complete a work term as security engineer/analyst. The Security Team is responsible for identifying and resolving all SI product security issues arising from development, content, vulnerabilities, and penetration testing.
- Track, validate, and document product and third party vulnerabilities
- Implement secure engineering initiatives
- Assist with code and web scanning automation/reporting
- Assist with Product Management compliance certifications
- Develop and maintain security content
- Resolve security defects
- Develop remediation plans
- Participate in penetration testing
- Create security bulletins
- Successful completion of 2 years Computer Engineering/Software Engineering
- Experienced with Linux environments
- Software development experience
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to complete tasks without supervision
- Positive attitude
- Client focused
- Proven oral and written communication skills
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.