QRadar Quality Assurance - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. These positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 1 year of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position is a QRadar Quality Assurance- Internship that resides in Fredericton and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
- Executing test cases and recording the test results using the test case management tool
- Reporting and verifying defects using the defect tracking tool
- Writing and updating test cases for specific areas, based on functional specifications, using the test case management tool. This includes both manual and automated test cases
- Reviewing customer documentation
- Participate in reviews of design and test documents
- Set up, configure and maintain test lab configurations to support various test scenarios and environments
- Work closely with Development and Support teams
- Report status on a regular basis to the Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead Ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables
This position is in the Quality Assurance of IBM's QRadar product. QRadar delivers an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360 degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. The candidate will be responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software. To achieve this, this position will perform the assessment, planning and execution of test efforts required for new functions/features under development; consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing testing methodologies and processes.
- General knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities and adapt to changing work load requirements
- Understanding of quality assurance processes
- Experience with two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java/Java script, Visual Basic, Structured Query Language (SQL), EXtensible Markup Language (XML), HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication abilities
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.