Production Support Services Analyst - Internship
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 16 month work term commencing May 2015
Main Responsibilities for Production Support Services Analyst:
- Monitors daily and month-end batch processing and daily and month-end reruns
- Executes first level problem determination
- Fixes system abends, when required
- Execution of management escalation communication
- Works towards managing delivery of services according to customer service level agreement
- Works on a rotating shift schedule, i.e., night shirt and day shift
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science (or related) program
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Willing to work on a rotating 12-hour shift schedule, i.e., night shift and day shift
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.