Mobile iOS Developer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops EPIC Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Toronto (Yonge/Bloor) and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
Main Responsibilities for Mobile iOS Developer include:
We are seeking a coop student who will work with our Apple + IBM Mobile iOS App development team to create innovative enterprise apps. The assigned student will be part of an agile scrum team responsible for designing, developing, and testing apps. Industries include Travel and Transportation, Banking, Energy and Utilities and Industrial Products.
All candidates should have a proven passion for mobile apps, rapid software development, and creative problem solving. Exhibited teaming skills and ability to grow into a leadership position is very important to this role. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, exhibit proven creative thinking skills, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience.
Candidates should have knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming, fluency in programming languages such as Java, C++ and Objective-C, a basic understanding of database management systems and server applications.
- Enrolled in a Mathematics/Computer Science discipline
- Experience developing rich mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets
- Analytical and has demonstrated problem determination skills
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- Proven communicator and enjoy collaborating
- Initiative, exhibit creative thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- Experience with several different solution development methodologies. Agile development experience is a plus.
- Experience in server side technologies (Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE), Spring, Hibernate, NodeJS, Python, PHP)
- Knowledge and experience creating iOS native application using Apple's XCode development tools and major iOS frameworks using Objective-C and/or Swift. Experience with Swift is a plus.
- Familiarity with Apple's device provisioning and developer portal as well as Instruments and the XCode debugger
- Familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store requirements
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.