Mobile Application Developer - Internship
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term. This Student Position resides in Toronto and is a 16 month work term commencing September 2015
We are seeking co-op students who will work with our mobile application development teams on innovative iPhone/Blackberry/Android mobile applications. The assigned student will be part of our team responsible for designing, developing, and implementing various mobile applications for our clients in travel and transportation, financial services, and other industries.
All candidates should have a passion for mobile applications, software development, technology, and creative problem solving. Teaming skills and ability to grow into a leadership position is very important to this role. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, exhibit creative thinking skills, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Development experience with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) in one or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android or Hybrid
- Experience developing rich mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets
- Analytical and proven problem determination skills.
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- Proven communicator and enjoy collaborating
- Ability to take initiative, exhibit creative thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- Experience with several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming)
- Experience in server side technologies (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, NodeJS, Python, PHP)
iOS Developer should have:
- Knowledge and experience creating iOS native application using Apple's Xcode development tools and major iOS frameworks using Objective-C and/or Swift
- Familiarity with Apple's device provisioning and developer portal as well as Instruments and the Xcode debugger
- Familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store requirements
Android Developer should have:
- Knowledge and experience creating native Android application using Android development tools and major Android frameworks using Java
- Familiarity with Android application signing process, Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Android Developer Tools (ADT).
- Familiarity with Android Design Guidelines and Google Play requirements
Hybrid Developer should have:
- Development experience with hybrid technologies such as IBM MobileFirst (formerly Worklight), Apache Cordova
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.