Master Data Management (MDM) - Software Developer - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet. The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. These positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 12/16 month work term in September 2015
Job title : Master Data Management (MDM) - Software Developer Main
We are looking for motivated student to join the Master Data Management (MDM) Server team in the software developer role for various development tasks. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Investigate technologies and approaches to be taken for upcoming releases of the product.
- Feature implementation for upcoming releases of the product.
- Defect resolution.
- Tools development to support development activities.
- Product deployment.
Testing Experiences you can take with you: In this technically demanding role, you will be utilizing and increasing your skills in various technologies as well as your exposure to other IBM or 3rd party products. In addition to your understanding and experience with object-oriented analysis and design, you will enhance your skills and knowledge in the area of development with relational database systems. Take advantage of mentorship provided by senior team members to bring your skill set to the next level.
These are examples of some of the experiences you can take with you from the internship:
- Java, Shell scripts, XML, SQL
- Integrated Development Environments (IDEs): Rational Software Architect, Eclipse
- WebSphere Application Server Administration
- BEA WebLogic Server Administration
- Database: DB2, Oracle âÂ€¢ Operating Systems: AIX, Solaris, Linux, HP-User Experience (UX)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Development Process
- Debugging Tools
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Some understanding and experience with software development cycle
- Proven Java programming skills
- Shell scripting skills
- Experience working in a Windows/Unix/Linux environment
- Proven ability to document and present technical content to business and technical audiences
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven time management skills
- Proven collaborator
- Programming skills in SQL is an asset
- Experience with XML is an asset.
- Understanding of testing methodology and automated testing is an asset
- Experience with database is an asset
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM offers you :
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.