Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position(s) is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Kanata, Ontario and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
- Should be comfortable working with a source control system and in particular Git (what are branches, tags, remotes, etc.)
- One beneficial language is Java given one of our servers is written using it. An applicant should understand how to write Java code, understand how the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), Java files and .class files work with respect to running an application. Should also be comfortable with several packages in Java such as Files or Networking and also have a working knowledge of Object Oriented development.
- Should be able to describe real development scenarios where each language described above was leveraged, the scope of the project, difficulties, and debugging.
- Preferred if the applicant can point to public projects and examples showing their capabilities or experimentation with technology (for example their github, bitbucket, google code public page)
- Ability to work with a group of peers and communication skills are also required. If your skills match what we are looking for, we'd love to have you join our driven and effective team!
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.