Java/Eclipse Software Developer - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following 3 student positions are a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. These positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 month (internship) work term commencing May, 2016.
What IBM Offers You?
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/jobs in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for this position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
Main Responsibilities for Java/Eclipse Software Developer include:
- Design, development and test of Eclipse-based software application development tools using Java and Eclipse
- Participation in the development and test of software products
- Participation in agile software development processes and techniques
- Interaction and teaming with a local team and other software developers and testers around the globe
You'll have an exciting opportunity to gain professional software development experience in Java and Eclipse and learn and apply agile software development techniques.
High School Diploma/GED
Group ID (R):
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.