Java Automation Developer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. These positions are only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Kanata, Ontario and is an 8 month work term commencing September 2015
Employees in this role are engaged in the development of the automated framework and automated test cases to support the Collaborative Lifecycle (CLM) Solution developed by IBM Systems Middleware.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Demonstrated experience with Java programming and a exhibited grasp of Object Oriented (OO) concepts
- Experience developing with eclipse is a definite asset.
- Experience with writing automation scripts for Selenium Webdriver Application Programming Interface (API) a definite asset
- Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby or Python is an asset
- Demonstrated capability to independently research, explore and investigate solutions to problems.
- Ability to collaborate with a distributed international team
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.