IT/Business Computer Specialist - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns and Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. This position is only open to candidates registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 12 month work term commencing September 2015. This position will build on the PC hardware and software knowledge of the student while providing an insight into daily business operations of the department.
Main Responsibilities for IT/Business Computer Specialist include:
- The System z and Storage Technical Support team provides hardware and software support for System z (mainframe) and Storage customers
- Department workstation support - software and hardware installation, troubleshooting etc.
- Local Area Network (LAN) administration
- Security administration and compliance
- Monitoring incoming high priority customer calls and escalating to the support staff immediately
- Lotus notes database development and maintenance
- Department business operations involvement
- Additional projects as required
- Technical Skills: Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Server 2010/2012, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Linux, VMware, networking skills, PC hardware and software installation and configuration
- Other Technical Skills that would be an asset: LAN administration, System Query Language (SQL), Java
- Business Skills: Business writing, Negotiation skills, Project Management, ISO/9000 awareness
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated teaming skills
- Prioritization and Multitasking
- Creative problem solving
- Organizational skills
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
The candidate must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. The candidate should include a transcript (official or unofficial) to complement their application.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.