IT Analytics - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 16 month work term commencing June 2015
- Use the latest tools and technologies to gather and analyze IT operational data from existing and prospective clients and use the data to provide insights and recommendations to various stakeholders
- Work with account managers, team members, clients, and other IBM departments to understand requirements and deliver quality deliverables
- Collect IT operational performance data from multiple clients and prepare it in a format that it can be analyzed
- Use tools such as IBM Watson solutions to study operational data
Provide logical output of the study to:
- Identify patterns and trends
- Identify actions to improve service and reduce costs
- Draw up findings and conclusions and present them graphically and in presentation format
- Provide recommendations based on the findings and present them with clearly articulating the benefits and opportunities they offer
- Business Analysis skills - ability to analyze and present data
- Ability to work in teams
- Passion for learning
- Proven written and communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Coop or internship program enrollment
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.