IBM Academic Partnership Community - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for a candidate to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns and Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. This positions is only open to a student registered in a Canadian University or College program, who has completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and is returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This position is in Ottawa and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015.
Main Responsibilities for the IBM Academic Partnership Community Co-op include:
Online Community / Social Media Presence
- Moderate and support online communities
- Create educational videos
- Manage content and responses, including gathering and posting content, copy editing and rewriting, and scheduling future contributions
- Fuel online conversations using tools such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn (additional consideration given to candidates with a solid online presence)
Learning Asset Organization
- Collect and organize curriculum modules and resources for sharing
- Refine and promote new materials as they become available
- Perform background research and investigation as required (e.g. information gathering, collating, and presenting - internet, search, research, and writing skills will be a plus)
- Manage or monitor IBM and community programs and projects as required
- Help organize effective training and conference events, typically for 30 - 300 people
Desired Qualifications required:
- Professionalism, attention to detail, and focus on customer service
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, applied to clients and events
- Proven media design skills
- Research, communications and presentation skills
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting, and social events
The candidate must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. The candidate should also include a transcript (official or unofficial) with the application.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.