Front-End Developer - Coop
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
- This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 4 month work term commencing May 2015
Main Responsibilities for Front-End Developer include:
The IBM Internet of Things (IoT) Design team has an opening for a 4-month student internship. The successful candidate will collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create compelling design, and be responsible for implementing the design prototypes, proof-of-concept or demos of selected projects within the IBM Internet of Things business unit.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Experience with web and mobile development tools, technologies and methodologies
- Proven Knowledge of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascade Style Sheet (CSS)
- Proven Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. PHP)
- Knowledge of AJAX, jQuery, Angular & Bootstrap technologies
- Knowledge of Java
- Ability to generate and optimize web graphics (gif / jpg / png / svg) plus CSS graphic sprites
- Knowledge of web browser compatibility issues and testing
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design and development
- An understanding of interface design best practices for web and mobility devices
- Knowledge of responsive web design principles (e.g. responsive range break-points, fluid proportion-based grids, content prioritization, designing for touch and content modeling)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
- This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.|