Cloud Delivery Specialist - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Toronto and is a 4 month work term commencing May 2015.
Main Responsibilities for Cloud delivery specialist include:
The Cloud Delivery Specialist (Co-op) is a key role in the fast growing and driven IBM Business Analytics customer success organization. This is a customer-facing technical support opportunity that requires demonstrated skills in server, database and storage area network administration and virtualized environments, and familiarity with Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery.
The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated understanding of virtualized application and web servers and related protocols like Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS), Secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP), as well as an understanding of single sign-on solutions and the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 standard. Our solutions are delivered on Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat and CentOS-based operating systems, so you must be capable and comfortable performing a wide range system administration, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks on these platforms.
This role calls for a candidate that shows demonstrated communication skills (both written and verbal), set and manage customer expectations, juggle competing priorities, and collaborate across teams on complex technical problems with minimum supervision. Cloud Delivery Specialists (co-op) are also expected to be able to provide root cause analysis on outages and other issues within the cloud environment.
We are a 24x7x365 operations team and participate in a rotation that will require occasional off-shift work, including nights and weekends.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Experience with basic web server related protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, sFTP)
- Knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting methodologies.
- Understanding of Software as a Service SaaS or other cloud based technologies.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.