Change Coordinator - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 16 month work term commencing May 2015.
Main Responsibilities for Change Coordinator include:
- Reviewing changes for process compliance
- Building and maintaining the Forward Schedule of Change; integrating new changes into the existing change schedule; facilitate/assist resolving conflicts in the schedule, and negotiating adjustments with the relevant parties
- Ensuring the Change Owner properly documents details in the change record
- Monitor that change records are closed within criteria, monitor that issues encountered during the implementation of a change are properly documented in the change record; reviewing failed and cancelled changes to identify the cause for the failure or cancellation
- Coordinate and chair Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Emergency Change Advisory Board (ECAB) meetings as required.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Processes (Additional training will be provided )
- Change Tools (Additional training will be provided )
- Oral and Verbal Communication
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.