We are Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services across Canada and globally as a member firm of Grant Thornton International. Together with Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton we enjoy an enviable position in the marketplace as the fifth largest national firm in the country and a clear leader in the privately held business space.
Our vision is to create sustainable advantage for our clients, our people, and the communities in which we work and live. We believe that what we do matters, and we strive to make a difference every day, individually and collectively.
Our brand is synonymous with trust. We are privileged to work with some of Canada’s most successful private and public organizations; and we are very proud to have been recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for the last seven consecutive years.
We are successfully executing an ambitious strategy to establish a distinctive leadership brand in each of the markets in which we operate. It’s a very exciting time for our firm - we have the resources to compete, and the culture to differentiate.
We are currently seeking a Part Time IT Systems Analyst for our Thunder Bay, Ontario office. This position would require the successful candidate to work five (5) days per week, three (3) hours per day.
Why chose Grant Thornton
Our culture is unique and our brand is synonymous with trust and quality. We are privileged to work with some of Canada’s most successful private and public organizations. In fact, clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. Indeed, we have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers that they can be proud of. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
Our ITCanada team is currently recruiting for the position of IT Support Analyst, a role that promises to provide the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to further her/his information technology career through experience gained supporting executives and professional staff in a demanding professional services environment. The job location for this position is in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be technically proficient and familiar with supporting portable and desktop computers, as well as solving environment problems. S/he must be customer service and detail oriented, with strong communication skills and the confidence to work independently, with support from remote colleagues and IT Management. This part time role requires that the successful candidate work five (5) days per week, three (3) hours per day (flexibility provided with regards to daily scheduling).
The IT Support Analyst takes direction from the IT Support Lead and reports to the regional Relationship Manager of IT, with key responsibilities that include:
- Efficiently troubleshoot and resolve user service requests and incidents by phone, email, in-person and using remote control tools; and document work performed
- Follow and enforce processes, procedures, and systems controls as documented for the firm’s production environment
- Support the implementation, delivery and on-going operations of technology, communication and business systems of the firm
- Provide technical support for various industry standard applications, practice-specific and Grant Thornton proprietary applications
- Ensure all support requests submitted by email, text and phone or face-to-face conversations are fully entered and documented in the incident management system (ticketing tool)
- Coordinate onsite and offsite computer hardware repairs by third-party support providers
- Configure and provide support for laptops, desktops, servers, printers and peripherals including scheduled updates and patches
- Action workflows for new hire account creation, and account/access decommissioning for departing employees
- Assist with preparation and deployment of new employee technology (laptop/PDA/workstation)
- Coordinate and provide training as required to firm members on technology, hardware, software, telecom, both one-to-one and in group sessions
- Participate as required in merger, moves and expansion integrations in support of the business strategy
- Contribute to annual budgeting process, with recommendations for future purchasing requirements; assist Relationship Manager with ongoing tracking of expenditures
- Perform outside of standard business working hours as approved and required
- Maintain a continuous focus on building a strong relationship between IT and the business units through consistently professional interaction, and effective and timely technology support
- As directed by your manager, complete training in alignment with your role requirements
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned, including resource-sharing responsibilities as delegated by cross-functional team project coordinators
Our unique culture:
Clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. We have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers that they can be proud of. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
The skills and attributes required for this position include:
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent work experience
- Two or more years study or work experience with technology and IT service delivery
- Good knowledge of and experience with technology platform delivery, communication and business systems (Microsoft Windows system and Enterprise systems, Microsoft Office applications, VPN clients, wireless networks, basic video conferencing, iPhones, iPads, Blackberries, laptops and desktops)
- Ability to independently identify solutions to technical hardware and software problems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and autonomously
- Effective problem-solving skills, with a focus on exceptional customer service delivery
- Ability to produce detailed, high-quality documentation
- Commitment to professional interaction with internal clients, vendors, suppliers and contractors at all times
- Handle (lift, carry and open) boxes weighing up to 25 lbs/11kg
- Handle (lift, carry and package) IT equipment weighing up to 25 lbs/11kg
- Packaging various types of IT equipment