Capital - Americas
GE Capital, Rail Services is a full service provider for all aspects of railcar fleet management. Headquartered in Chicago, Rail Services is a leading service provider to the rail industry with over 100 years of experience and offers a variety of railcars and locomotives to shippers and railroads in markets across North America. The business also provides a full suite of services, including maintenance management and railcar repair services. Rail Services understands the marketplace and has the resources and knowledge to anticipate the needs of the industry. It is this knowledge that allows GE to solve challenges with tailor-made solutions to meet customer financial and service needs.
The United States has regulations that govern the hiring of current or former U.S. Government employees. If you currently work for (or have in the past) the U.S. Government (in any capacity), you may have certain responsibilities under these regulations and certain restrictions may apply to your potential employment with GE. Therefore, if GE regarding a position of employment contacts you, and you have worked for the U.S. Government at any time, please immediately inform the GE representative of this fact.
Financial Services Operations
Maintenance and Repair
- Cut, fit, and repair railcars, their components, and other items as necessary to facilitate railcar repair.
- Aid other team members as necessary to facilitate railcar repair and productivity.
- Perform all necessary AAR repairs to railcars including cutting, straightening, cleaning, blasting, and car repair.
- Perform and document quality control checks as required by Company quality standards.
- Perform basic P.M. checks on used equipment.
- Comply with company and regulatory safety and environmental standards.
- Meet production schedules
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT
- 1+ months experience using a cutting torch, welding torch and/ or gas torch.using Stick Welding (SMAW) and/or Mig Welding (FCAW)
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to operate the needed tools for the position.
- Must be able to read and understand written work orders and material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to work in an environment with continuous exposure to outdoor weather conditions with dust, fumes, and noise. Must be able to climb, stoop, and bend repeatedly, work in confined spaces, carry hand and power tools.
- Pass Company physical, including pulmonary function.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and heights of 15 feet.
- Must pass company physical including pulmonary function, chest and back x-rays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Willingness to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with railcar construction or general steel work
- Pre Employment Welding Course
- Blue print reading