We are looking for individuals interested in future opportunities to join our sales team.
The Fidelity Advisor business provides Fidelity mutual funds to investors through a network of third-party brokers and financial advisors. As a mutual fund manufacturer, Fidelity strives to provide a complete line of products and services which meet the needs of all investors seeking investment vehicles for both short and long term investments.
It is the primary goal of Fidelity to support investment professionals as they endeavour to prepare their clients for retirement and other significant life goals which demand focused financial management.
What you will do:
At Fidelity the Sales Coordinator role is our introduction to the Advisor Sales Team. We encourage promotions from within and this role can lead to exciting opportunities accross the country. As member of the Advisor Sales Team, the Sales Coordinator partners with the District VP (wholesaler) and District Sales Associate (inside wholesaler) to provide essential support integral to the successful completion of the sales cycle. This includes:
- Coordinating sales events including participating in events as required
- Acting as the primary co-op marketing and compliance administrator for the designated sales teams
- Managing the continuous data integrity process for internal sales reporting requirements including preparing and revising presentations, reports and databases
- Providing administrative support including managing the wholesaler's calendar, making travel arrangements, preparing monthly Travel and Expense (T&E) reports etc.
What you can expect from us:
- Great earning potential
- Opportunity to participate in our development programs, which prepares you for the next step in your career at Fidelity
- Top tier benefits and perks including reimbursement for tuition, health and fitness club membership fees and computers for personal use
- Monthly regional team meetings (RTM) with the opportunity to share best practices with other Wholesaling Teams
- On-going training to develop your knowledge of the markets, our products, your presentation skills, etc.
- Extensive client interaction primarily through outbound calls, seminars, presentations, event hosting, client meals and entertainment
To succeed in this opportunity, you will possess
- A university degree
- Experience in customer service or client facing roles ideally in the financial markets (this could come from co-op or summer work experience)
- A self-confident, friendly and pro-active personality
- Energy, focus and drive to achieve results
- Extremely strong sales aptitude – with a desire to drive and move market share
- Interest in capital markets
- Ability to build credibility and rapport with clients over the phone
- Strong listening and communication, written and oral skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load and competing demands
- Polished and professional personal presentation
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently in a quick paced environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Completion of, or enrolment in, a financial services industry program (e.g. CSC, IFIC, CFA, CFP, CIM, etc.) is an asset
Fidelity Investments Canada ULC is part of the Fidelity Investments organization of Boston, one of the world's largest providers of financial services. In Canada, Fidelity manages a total of $106 billion in mutual fund and institutional assets (as at March 31, 2015). This includes $20 billion in assets for institutional clients including public and corporate defined benefit pension plans, endowments, foundations and other corporate assets on behalf of clients across Canada.
Fidelity Canada provides Canadian investors a full range of domestic, international and income oriented mutual funds. Fidelity funds are available through a number of advice-based distribution channels including financial planners, investment dealers, banks, and insurance companies. Fidelity is a proud supporter of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada and we are dedicated to helping young Canadians realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Fidelity has been managing mutual funds since 1946. Worldwide, Fidelity serves over 23 million investors, offers more than 500 mutual funds, and has total managed assets of more than U.S. $2.0 trillion (as at March 31, 2015).
Fidelity has research offices in Boston, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong and employs more than 800* portfolio managers, analysts and traders.
*Source: Fidelity Management & Research Company, and Pyramis Global Advisors as of March 31, 2015. Data is unaudited. These figures reflect the resources of Fidelity Management & Research Company a U.S. company, and its subsidiaries.
Established in Canada in 1987, Fidelity Investments Canada is committed to distinguishing itself as the premier provider of investment services for Canadians. Fidelity employs more than 600 full-time employees in offices across the country. Headquartered in Toronto, it has regional offices in Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver.
No agencies or phone calls.
Only candidates selected for next steps will be contacted.
By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application.