District Sales Associate
We are looking for individuals interested in future opportunities to join our sales team.
Requirements for District Sales Associate (Inside Wholesaler):
- University degree (a must)
- Completion of, or enrollment in, a financial services industry program (e.g. CSC, IFIC, CFA, CFP, CIM, etc.)
- Energy, focus and drive to achieve results. Be directly responsible for the success of your own territory
- Extremely strong sales aptitude – with a desire to drive and move market share
- Demonstrated passion for following and understanding capital markets
- Ability to build credibility and rapport with clients over the phone
- Strong listening and communication skills with the ability to simplify complicated financial concepts
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute sales plans
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- Polished and professional personal presentation
About the District Sales Associate (Inside Wholesaler) Role:
Working in partnership with a District Vice President (Outside Wholesaler) and a Sales Coordinator, the District Sales Associate (Inside Wholesaler) proactively markets and solicits the sale of Mutual Funds to Investment Advisors and Financial Planners (Advisors) throughout the broker-dealer community. Through sales activities, the District Sales Associate (Inside Wholesaler) cultivates and maintains relationships with Advisors in order to:
- Initiate and/or follow-up on financial sales calls, identify new sales opportunities and answer questions about Fidelity products and solutions
- Proactively cultivate new business and uncover sales opportunities within a geographic territory
- Provide in-depth knowledge of financial markets, Fidelity products and services, and the competitive landscape of Investment Products
- Discuss Fidelity’s broad array of products (i.e. fund objectives, asset allocation, portfolio construction, investment management process and strategy, taxation, and fund benchmarks)
- Maintain superior sales support and service by contacting Advisors with updates pertaining to the mutual funds they sell, handle inbound calls, prospect for new business and cross-sell on different products and solutions
- Provide value-added ideas and marketing support to assist Advisors in growing their business and client base
What you can expect from Fidelity Investments:
- Great earning potential (competitive base salary and commission)
- Opportunity to participate in our Wholesaler Development Program (WDP), which prepares you for a career as a wholesaler
- Top tier benefits and perks including reimbursement for tuition, health and fitness club membership fees and computers for personal use
- Annual National Sales Summit (held in Toronto each year)
- Monthly regional team meetings (RTM) with the opportunity to share best practices with other Wholesaling Teams
- A "Due Diligence" trip to Boston where you and advisors will have the opportunity to visit our world class facilities and meet with our portfolio managers
- On-going training to develop your knowledge of the markets, our products, your presentation skills, etc.
- Extensive client interaction primarily through outbound calls, and including road days, seminars, presentations, event hosting, client meals and entertainment
No agencies or phone calls. Only candidates selected for next steps will be contacted.
By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.