Analyst, Equities & Fixed Income
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $238 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo with plans for a Mumbai office in 2015.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently recruiting for an Analyst Contract position (14 months term) in our Data Operations Team within Operations and Technology Department.
The Analyst primary responsibilities will include supporting daily price feeds and investment valuation, as well as managing static /market data in investment systems. Other responsibilities include but are not restricted to: perform business analysis, participate in new operational projects testing, develop capabilities enhancements and process improvement, supporting other business units' initiatives, and document business requirements
- Supports daily pricing feeds and ensures end of day pricing data are accurate and within accepted tolerances in the book of record system
- Manages pricing data in the systems and reviews exceptions such as missing prices, threshold variances and stale
- Ensures Static data , pricing and portfolio data are complete, accurate and reliable across multiple investment systems
- Updates and maintains the investment data and ensures all internal controls are in place on daily basis
- Manages data quality and validation by using established exception handling tools and procedures
- Escalates data and pricing issues on a timely basis, takes ownership to resolve issues within the bounds of assigned authorities, and communicates openly to stakeholders who are dependent on data for their investment research, operations, and performance measurement processes.
- Provides operational and testing support to various other departments such as Investment Operations, Performance, Treasury, accounting Enterprise reporting, Risk etc
- Documents operational and business requirements, including business processes and data flows
- Identifies opportunities to continually improve current processes, controls, data quality and/or efficiency
- Collaborates with team members and other departments to assess existing processes and recommend changes as appropriate
- Flexible Shift work -Rotation hours are from 8:30 to 430 and 10:30 am to 6:30 pm; must also be willing to work on statutory holidays and overtime as required; able to take on other ad hoc duties and projects as required
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics, Accounting, or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of Investment department pricing and valuation experience in Listed securities , Cash / OTC Instruments
- Hands on experience with SimCorp Dimension, Murex, and Bloomberg preferred. Good knowledge Microsoft Office, VBA, Access, SQL, and data extract
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, high degree of attention to details and accuracy. Capable to quickly switch contexts between strategic and detailed analysis
- Strong team player; willing to pitch-in with other team members. Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to think "outside the box"
- Eagerness to learn, self motivated, flexible; able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Exhibit strong prioritization, organization and time management skills; practical experience managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Successful candidates must exemplify CPP Investment Board's Guiding Principles of High Performance, Integrity, and Partnership
- Completion in Canadian Securities and/or Derivative Fundamentals Course would be an asset
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.