Analyst / Associate, Global Capital Markets
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $238 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo with plans for a Mumbai office in 2015.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are recruiting for an Analyst / Associate in the Electronic Trading and Execution Research team of the Global Capital Markets group of the Public Market Investments department. The Global Capital Markets group is primarily responsible for all public market execution on behalf of the CPP Investment Board. The Electronic Trading and Execution Research team is focused on two topics:
- Automating execution through electronic connections and employing short term algorithmic trading strategies.
- Evaluating and analyzing the executions of Global Capital Markets to monitor and improve performance.
The primary responsibility is to assist in various research projects which includes:
- Data cleansing algorithms
- Short term algorithmic modeling
- Analytic tools for various departments
- Electronic execution strategies
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- University degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics or any other quantitative degree
- Experience with C++ or other high level programming language
- Experience with one or more of the following: MySQL, SQL Server, Excel, VBA
- Experience writing and executing data cleansing algorithms
- Experience with post trade analytics preferred
- Experience back testing using tick data preferred
- A very strong research background preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; articulates complex information logically, clearly and factually
- In depth knowledge of financial markets would be an asset
- Experience trading/analyzing short term algorithmic models is a nice to have
- Broad market experience with various asset classes is a nice to have
- Self motivated and is able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment - actively participates in team meetings, cooperates and shares information to contribute to the effectiveness of the team
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.