Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $238 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, London, Hong Kong, New York, São Paulo with plans for a Mumbai office in 2015.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB's important social purpose and unshakable principles
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The role will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties associated with reviewing, processing and recording of invoices and providing assistance in month-end accounting processes.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices in Great Plains including related commodity taxes
- Ensures that invoices have been approved in accordance with company policy
- Reviews details of invoices for reasonableness and completeness of documentation as required
- Ensures that General Ledger coding on invoices appears reasonable
- Coordinates with third party service provider (accounting outsourcing) ensuring accurate processing of accounts payable and other corporate accounting functions for certain Canada Pension Plan Investment Board offices.
- Creates new vendors in the accounting system
- Inputs/uploads invoices, credit memos etc. in the accounting system for payment processing
- Assists in EFT and wires processes; ensures electronic payments are processed promptly and properly; escalates issues when necessary
- Responsible for the organization's electronic Travel & Entertainment process; provides first-line of support to users
- Ensures that expense reports have been approved in accordance with company policy (Business Management Authorities)
- Ensures that expense reports have the appropriate backup; matches receipts against expense reports
- Assists in booking month-end entries
- Maintains various schedules including withholding tax, prepayments, and other month-end schedules
- Assists in weekly cash forecast and liaises with treasury department for funding requirements
- Ensures that the invoices are processed accurately and paid on a timely basis
- Assists the Accounting Supervisor in Ad Hoc tasks (monthly reconciliations etc)
- Performs other duties as assigned as the role evolves due to new processes, procedures and technology implementation
Process Improvement Opportunities
- Proactively identifies opportunities for streamlining accounts payable processes and recommends solutions
- Participates in the development and implementation of new procedures and controls to ensure compliance with company policies
- Participates in documenting procedures and controls and ensures that documentation is up-to-date
- Coordinates with other departments to achieve timely and accurate processing and payment of invoices
- Coordinates with internal and external parties on accounts payable issues and processes
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Commerce preferred
- CPA designation or actively working towards would be an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years accounting experience
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of Great Plains or similar accounting software
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent attention to detail and consistent high level of accuracy
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with a team, under pressure and with time sensitive deadlines
- Self motivated individual; flexible and adaptable; proactive; self-starter
- Sound professional judgment, professionalism and integrity
- Able to work in a high performance culture
- Open to and comfortable with constantly evolving and changing priorities and new challenges
- Highly adaptable to change
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.