Cyber Developers / Software Engineers / Network Architects
Positions available: Various positions:
- Vulnerability Research Engineers
- Software Developers
- Network Analysts
- System Engineers
- Crypt Analysts
- Applied IT Researchers
Position type: Term and indeterminate can be staffed from this competition. Term and indeterminate positions have a one (1) year probation period.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Salary Range: Individuals are typically hired into entry level positions though exceptions can be made based on the level of experience and competency demonstrated during the selection process.
Entry Salaries range from: $73,850.00 - $99,470.00 per year
These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $7,960 to $11,516 annually.
CSE is currently looking to fill several positions at the junior, intermediate and senior levels. The incumbents work in a fully matrixed operational environment.
A successful candidate must display a high degree of tenacity, ingenuity, independence, and flexibility to work in various fields of expertise, and must also be willing to work with a variety of programming languages ranging from assembly, C, C++ and JAVA to scripting languages such as Perl and Python, or parallel programming using OpenMP, CUDA or HDL.
You must also have strong software engineering skills, including an appreciation for all aspects of the software development process.
Individuals with a strong desire and aptitude for working with computer network infrastructure or software quality assurance are also encouraged to apply.
Key activities could include:
- Participating in all parts of the Software Development.
- Analyzing software and communications protocols of computer and telecommunications products to determine the product architecture and security vulnerabilities.
- Researching computer security vulnerabilities.
- Developing high performance computing applications, including software prototyping and hardware evaluation of new accelerators and technologies.
- Applying innovative thinking, performance analysis and modern computer engineering principles to solve complex technological problems.
- Maintaining software applications after migration to production, including troubleshooting and recommending/implementing improvements.
- Collaborating with other Government of Canada (GoC) departments, 2nd Parties and other CSE elements to ensure a compatible environment that promotes exchange of software applications and components.
- Advising on the capabilities of software systems, including providing technical support and advice to other CSE areas, GoC departments and agencies or allied agencies.
- Leading teams & managing projects, as required.
University degree* in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or Mathematics with software focus or an equivalent College diploma with significant work experience (minimum 6 years).
*3rd and 4th year university students who are currently completing their degree are eligible to apply but will not start employment until they have completed their degree.
Candidates will be evaluated in several technical knowledge areas and will have to demonstrate strong knowledge in at least one of the following disciplines:
- IT Security
- Software reverse engineering
- IT Architecture
- Software Development
- Crypt Analysis
- Network/System Administration
- High Performance Computing (HPC) technologies and architectures
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens who can qualify for a Top Secret security clearance conforming to CSE’s standards.
- Candidates must have no criminal record.
- This process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
- Ongoing substance abuse is a factor to be assessed as part of your screening process.
Occasional business travel, overtime and standby duty may be required.
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements, you may submit your candidacy online by clicking “APPLY” at the bottom of the page.
In your application, please indicate which of the positions you are interested in.
A written test will be used as a screening tool.
An interview and references will follow for candidates who are successful on the screening test.
The entire selection process - tests, interviews, security investigation - may take more than one year.
CSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. CSE offers an assessment process which will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.