CDS Account Coordinator CAN
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Account Coordinator works closely with assigned account(s) to understand needs and serve as the main point of contact for information and updates regarding promotional events. Coordinates brand campaigns and events through scheduling, resource planning and logistics.
- Act as a liaison between the company, vendors, buyers, corporate and field staff for day to day client servicing, including, assessing client needs for event, provide client status update, budget performance, and prompt and accurate issue resolution.
- Oversee the development and execution of client marketing campaigns planning, organizing, promoting, and facilitating the workflow process in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Update events schedule to reflect cancellations, rescheduling, additions or modifications; identify recruitment needs, communication and event information material with the staffing team and Management
- Plan, orchestrate logistics of campaign events, and serve as main point of contact to field teams
- Partner with Account Manager to develop necessary event information materials including manuals, power point presentations, conference calls and webinars and videos to facilitate a high-quality event
- Assist Management to develop post engagement reporting analytics to reinforce the overall value of services for client distribution
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with clients through effective communication and partnership
- Maintain a high standard of communication with brand event Teams
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Degree Program/Major (e.g. Marketing, Business Administration or related field)
2-4 Years of experience in executing the logistics of events within a fast-paced team environment with strong attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of PC Software Applications & Strong Understanding of PC Operating Systems
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Research & Analysing Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 kg.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.