Skills / Experience Requirements:
- The trainee program is available to recent graduates or supervisors/engineers with 1-5 years experience.
- University Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Food Science, Science or College Diploma in Engineering Technology.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization. Must possess strong communication skills to foster and sustain excellent relations with other departments, peers and co-workers.
- Proficient computer skills & software knowledge, including Lotus notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change.
- Must be a self-directed individual, well organized, goal oriented and be an excellent problem solver.
- Unrestricted cross-border mobility.
Bunge is offering a unique opportunity for an individual to join the Altona leadership team and participate in a comprehensive trainee program. The successful candidate will be exposed to the day to day running of a Bunge facility in the areas of manufacturing, maintenance and engineering. As a trainee you will develop the skills and knowledge to provide a foundation in all aspects of operational management that includes supervision, engineering, maintenance and safety management. At the completion of the training program the trainee will be placed into a full time position that complements both the needs of the company and the trainees strengths.
- Trainees will participate in the day-to-day running of a Bunge facility in a supervisory role. Skills developed will include people management (leadership skills), effective communication techniques, production scheduling, inventory management, and purchasing.
- Trainees will learn safe operating practices and work to maintain and improve facility safety to support the company and division safety goals and initiatives. Conduct facility safety meetings, root cause analysis and understand all accident/incident handling procedures. Trainees will be provided competent person training.
- Management Trainees will learn QMS (Quality Management System), statistical process control, laboratory analysis, customer complaint investigation, customer focus and internal auditing.
- Trainees will be given the opportunity to learn facility maintenance that includes planning, work order system, preventive maintenance, part inventory and supervision. Assisting in the implementation of the Asset Reliability and Reporting Optimization Program (ARROP) global predictive maintenance program.
- Trainees will participate in facility engineering and construction projects. Trainees will learn to evaluate equipment operations and efficiencies, and coordinate the work of outside contractors. Complete project appropriation requests that include all the background information, justification for the project, employee safety as well as food safety and environmental requirements. Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Trainees will participate in facility Kaizens and be involved in projects to sustain productivity, cost and efficiency gains.