- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Multi-task among boiler, utilities, deodorization process and other duties
- Background knowledge of the agricultural sector would be considered an asset
- Ability to recognize issues with processing equipment
- Ability to remain calm and make decisions under stressful situations
- Grade 12 education or equivalent - Agricultural background is an asset
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good computer/ keyboard skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
- Able to lift consistently up to 22.7 kg
- Must be able to work from heights and in confined spaces
- Must have medical clearance to wear company supplied respirators/SCBA
- Experience in a process setting is an asset
- Flexibility to work overtime based on facility demands
Reporting to the Crush Plant Supervisor, the Crush Operator is responsible for operating the seed cleaning, blending and handling, pre-heating, seed conditioning, crushing and decanter operations safely and efficiently while adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Operating the seed cleaning, blending and handling, preheating, seed conditioning, crushing and decanter operations, safely and efficiently, meeting volume and quality requirements.
- Accurately record and monitor process conditions and events that have and will affect production, informing the relieving operator and supervisor as required.
- Collect and prepare process samples for analysis and perform product testing as required.
- Inspect and maintain all process equipment under his/her control for possible failures or malfunction.
- All concerns must be reported to the Crush Plant supervisor.
- Maintain proper housekeeping in the cleaning and seed handling area, preheater building, roll mill room, seed conditioning and crush areas in accordance to GMP.
- Work in close conjunction with the other operators and buyers assisting them when required.
- Full knowledge of and compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Full knowledge of and compliance with all food safety policies and procedures, specifically performing duties in area to ensure SQF Level III is maintained.
- Perform any other related duties as required.