Bunge Ag Trainee
Area of Interest: Internship
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Skills / Experience Requirements:
- Bilingual French/English with good written and spoken communication skills - considered an asset.
- University/Graduate education in an Agriculture or Business related field.
- General Ag background/experience considered an asset.
- Advance knowledge of common office programs and systems.
- Must be collaborative, results oriented and possess strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and constant change
- Analytical Problem solving skills
- Planning & organization skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Mathematical ability
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes in work conditions and effectively react to emergency situations
- Risk management skills
The BNA Trainee will participate in a program designed to give them an understanding of the operations and processes of businesses across Bunge's value chain. The duration of the training program will be driven by the trainee performance and Bunge's business demands. During the training program, the trainee will receive cross functional exposure to a number of Bunge's business units while performing various commercial (e.g. commodity merchandising, etc.) and/or operational (e.g. grain elevator operations, engineering, etc.) functions. The candidate will develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide a solid foundation in all aspects of commercial and/or operational processes.
- Participate fully in the day to day operation of a Bunge facility
- Become familiar with the fundamentals of domestic and international cash grain trading
- Develop a thorough understanding of elevator and oilseed processing plant operations
- Demonstrate your level of understanding by responding to verbal or written inquiries from supervisors, mentors, or program manager
- Travel to other Bunge locations for instructional purposes
- Assist location and corporate staff in evaluating changing crop and market conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with Bunge internal and external customers
- Close coordination and communication with all colleagues/management from different locations
- Create and maintain relationships with commercial suppliers
- Create and maintain relations with internal and external customers, both domestic and off shore.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Ability to work effectively under definite time constraints with peak workloads.
- Extreme details and ability to locate errors.
- Compliance with BNA policies.
- Effective cooperation with team mates locally and across the globe.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure while remaining calm.
- Ability to adapt to constant change.
- Capable of working responsibly with no or minimal supervision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS
- Standard hours 8-16:30 / 40 hours per week
- Working indoors or outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
- Willingness to relocate for future growth opportunities is required