Video Journalist, CTV Winnipeg, Bell Media
Req Id: 360513
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Video Journalist
Location: CTV Winnipeg
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Early mornings. Overtime as required.
- Live Traffic reporting
- Appearing on-air, interviewing, writing, shooting, editing, voicing, producing and reporting, of local news stories on deadline for both television and digital
- Operating an ENG Camera, including light and sound equipment
- Edit and transmit video remotely using IP technology
- Producing, writing and posting editorial content for the station web and social media platforms
- Developing and maintaining contacts in the community and with news making organizations
- Generate original story ideas relevant to local audience
- The safe operation of all equipment, and formally reporting any malfunctions of equipment immediately
- Contribute to the station’s ongoing diversity initiatives, and actively reflect the diversity of the Manitoban community in daily news coverage
- Other duties as assigned
- A degree or diploma from an accredited broadcast or related program
- At least two years’ experience in an on-air reporting role
- Experience in ENG photography and editing in a newsroom setting is considered an asset
- Strong editorial judgement with a proven ability to use sound and pictures to help tell the story
- Must be well versed in a variety of computer programs as well as having a familiarity with the internet and social media
- Proven ability as a live to air reporter
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
- Ability to work with multiple demand and pressures of on-air deadlines
- Understanding of broadcast law
- Demonstrated non-linear editing skills is considered an asset
- Must have and maintain valid documents required for travel to the United States
- Residing within the limits of the Perimeter Highway is considered an asset
- Must possess a full and unrestricted Class 5 or equivalent driver’s licence with a clean drivers’ abstract
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/05/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.