Req Id: 340181
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Name and description of hiring team
The Network & Services team is responsible for planning, designing, building and operating Bell’s wireless, wireline and customer networks, and supporting the delivery of voice, data, video and content. Specifically, the Value Added Services (VAS) team is responsible of different services (SMS, MMS, Voicemail, RCS, M2M/IoT...) and service enablers (LDAP, Proxies, OTA platforms, API...).
- Deploy and test new solutions using Agile/Scrum (MVP, small delivery, iterative)
- Develop and deploy automated operational tools to facilitate the management of the system (self scaling, self healing)
- Ability to design, debug and operate application running in a production environment
- Provide engineering support on end-to-end problem resolution and root cause analysis in collaboration with other functional groups, business units and vendors
- Structure work in deliverables and drive project delivery
- Contribute and lead improvement initiatives typically associated with delivery times and work efficiency
- University degree in computer/IT or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years experience in integrating vendor solutions
- Knowledge of Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Strong knowledge of automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Experience with Terraform, Packer, Kubernetes/Openshift or other Infrastructure/Configuration-as-code tooling
- Hands on IP network skills (Wireshark)
- Knowledge of monitoring and alarming solution and investigation tools for networks and applications (Zabbix, ELK, Sensu, Cacti)
- Ability to work with 3rd Party solution already existing in production network
- Gifted thinker who is extremely resourceful and can learn new technologies on the fly, driven and proactive
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience in design, quality assurance and Integration & Verification (I&V) of systems
- Able to develop telecom applications (Java, Python, Golang)
- Agile / DevOps / Lean / Six Sigma experience
- Database knowledge (SQL)
- Linux certification
- Cellular networks knowledge: HSPA, LTE, IMS
- Bilingual (French/English) No need to speak in French, but needs to understand
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Contact Name: Geneviève Martineau
Application Deadline: 05/06/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may be required to submit your current Performance Review rating to the hiring leader during the recruitment process.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal