SQL Server Database Administrator
Req Id: 340271
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing a series of automations in the support of small, medium and, enterprise class customers. The software code must adhere to accepted standards for development, that includes test plans and peer code review. In addition, you will be working within an on-call Windows/Linux support team, in the support of various customer solutions.
- Perform SQL Server installations, backups, upgrades, patches, and troubleshooting.
- Develop maintenance plan for SQL Servers and Application Servers.
- Configure SQL Server environment following industry-standard best practices.
- Maintain documentation procedure and standards.
- Attend team, client, and vendors meetings to discuss plans, growth, changes, and issues.
- Respond to Level 1 and Level 2 Support team concerns/questions.
- Analyze database performance, including determining bottlenecks optimizing queries, indexes, and transaction rates on an ah-hoc or continual basis.
- Perform periodic restore procedures as needed
- Involvement in all phases of the software development life cycle: planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining databases.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server and related tools
- Administration and Database Management background.
- Understanding of Relational Database Management System Concept.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Experience with SQL Server High Availability options: Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring. Clustering (Failover Cluster) and AlwaysON Availability Groups (AG)
- Experience in migrating data from a variety of sources into MS SQL Server
- Experience in programming with SQL, Net, Powershell & DOS Scripting and Python
- Experience with Cloud Data Platforms AWS, Google, Azure
- Experience Patching for infrastructure in database, version control - updates on versions
- Proven and demonstrable troubleshooting and analytical experience
- Experience with root cause vulnerability remediation and investigation
- Experience with automating environments (python or shell scripting)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Detail orientated with good organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Security Clearance Level II (CCIS)
- Minimum of three years as regular SQL Server Database Administrator
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal West
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/06/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.