Segment Producer, Taped Programming, Etalk, Temporary, Bell Media
Req Id: 359781
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Segment Producer Etalk, Bell Media
Location: 299 Queen St W, Toronto (Ontario)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
- Produce daily and feature stories in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Pitch original and timely ideas that are both diverse and inclusive. Look for stories that extend beyond the traditional definition of entertainment
- Chase, pitch, write, and produce field pieces
- Cultivate contacts and book exclusive interviews for the show on a regular basis
- Monitor and stay on top of pop culture, entertainment, music and film trends
- Weekend, early morning and evening shifts, as assigned
- 5-6 years of proven experience as a Segment Producer – newsroom experience is preferred
- Experience generating story ideas and writing scripts
- Experience with field shoots and interviews
- Experience working and collaborating with on-air talent
- Passion for all things pop culture and entertainment
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus and composure
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to work well in a team and be self-motivated
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms
- Knowledge and experience with producing Brand Partnership content is considered an asset
- Please note the successful candidate will work from our Toronto office (299 Queen Street West)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/02/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.