Legal Counsel, M&A
Req Id: 366414
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Legal and Regulatory teams advance and help develop Bell’s corporate, legal and regulatory strategies by providing strategic advice and legal counsel, protecting Bell’s interests, and liaising with regulatory and government agencies.
About the Team:
We are seeking a Legal Counsel to operate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. This role will be part of a team of lawyers providing legal support in all M&A transactions undertaken by the BCE group of companies. An ideal candidate for this position should have 2-5 years of relevant business law experience gained either in private practice or in-house.
- Support the Corporate Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions Team in transactions undertaken by the BCE group of companies and lead legal aspects of negotiations
- Support Senior Management in contract interpretation and negotiations
- Called to the Bar of a Canadian province
- 2 to 5 years of relevant business law experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to grasp, simplify and explain complex legal issues to senior business leaders
- Proficiency in both French and English, written and verbal
- Relevant experience with publicly traded corporations would be an asset
- Relevant experience with venture capital transactions would be an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/06/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.