Engineering Technician, Bell Media
Req Id: 359284
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Title: Engineering Technician
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Salary: As per Collective Agreement
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Evening and overnight shifts as needed. Overtime as required
As a broadcast engineer, you'll work with a team focused on supporting hardware and broadcast systems that are used across television, radio and new media. It's our job to make sure that programmes are broadcast on time and to the highest quality. As well as operating and maintaining the systems, we carry out updates and repairs.
- Maintaining specialist equipment for video production, broadcast and satellite transmission and interactive media
- Setting up and monitoring audiovisual links between units in different locations
- Installing and testing new facilities and equipment
- Setting up and operating editing facilities in post-production suites
- Analysing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems
- Post-Secondary education in electronics, computer systems, or television related studies
- Experience working in a Broadcast or related environment
- Competence in troubleshooting complex problems under tight timelines
- Experience with Broadcast equipment such as automation systems, graphics devices, video servers and signal processing equipment would be an asset
- Experience working with server hardware, databases and network systems within a Broadcast environment
- Candidate must be self-motivated but able to work in a team environment
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with computer system deployment
- Network Security knowledge and skills are an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 04/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.