Director, Asset Management & Workplace Transformation
Req Id: 370851
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Reporting to the Vice President, Real Estate, the Director will work closely with the Real Estate teams and other business partners to establish strategies to improve strategic Real Estate asset planning for the Bell Canada and BCE group of companies Real Estate portfolio.
This position requires a leader with strong strategic knowledge of both Real Estate and Project Management, business acumen, excellent communication and relationship skills. Someone who collaborates with teams across Real Estate and several business partners establishing strong relationships with stakeholders and peers. In addition, the candidate must have solid project management skills and an excellent knowledge of process improvement. A strong contributor with the relevant background in Real Estate to incorporate Real Estate teams, systems and processes is an asset.
- Leads a team of Senior Manager, Real Estate and professionals to deliver on multiple transformational strategic initiatives to enable productivity, cost savings and process efficacies
- Manage Bell's and BCE’s Real Estate portfolio, owned and leased
- Strategic Real Estate planning: Initiate, develop and recommends real estate portfolio optimization and workplace transformation strategies such as office space reduction, consolidation of real estate assets, leasing and disposition strategies, etc. Advise Bell Canada groups on planning strategies, scenarios and economic analysis
- Ensure completion of financial cost benefit analysis for project approval including cost, savings, Cash Flow, NPV and payback
- Ensure cost-effective delivery & compliance of approved plans
- Revise business case assumptions as necessary to adjust multi-year targets for capital, CRE and savings (EBITDA and cash)
- Act as Bell Real Estate contact with all third parties, including corporate service providers (telecom planning and operational groups, environmental group) and external providers (brokers, Landlords/Developers, architects, engineers and other experts) for strategic planning of land, space and buildings
- Project manages large cross-functional change initiatives, to drive employee experience and engagement, making connections between strategic objectives and opportunities, collaborate with HR, Value Creation, Finance, IT, and Corporate Communications teams
- Build relationships with external departments; work collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues and senior leadership
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Real Estate, business administration, financial, economic or related field, or equivalent work experience related to Real Estate
- 5 or more years of years progressive experience in portfolio or asset planning in a Corporate or Investment environment
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess, prioritize and manage stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Must be a clear, open and effective communicator with strong facilitation skills with the ability to lead and influence a large group of diverse stakeholders through decision-making processes.
- Ability to navigate within a complex matrix structure with a demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships and collaborative relationships
- People leadership experience including coaching and developing others
#talent #tech #indeed #LI-JW1 #LI-Hybrid
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.