Digital Content Editor, CTVNews.ca, Bell Media
Req Id: 368253
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Digital Content Editor, CTVNews.ca, Bell Media
Location: 9 Channel Nine Court, Toronto (Ontario)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
The digital content editor is a journalist who specializes in using video and other digital media to cover news stories. The perfect candidate will have a strong background in journalism, excellent writing skills and the ability to quickly learn new programs and processes. Within the span of a normal work day, the digital content editor can expect to provide support for local CTV affiliates across Canada, respond to breaking news and events and publish content to social media. We’re looking for a dynamic candidate who can go with the flow, adapt to ever-changing situations and work with the team to provide the best experience to our viewers.
- Clip, package and publish news content for CTV News digital platforms
- Create original video content for CTVNews.ca and various social media platforms
- Develop and deliver visual elements based on leading industry best practices
- Ensure all digital content meets the highest journalistic standards and adheres to CTV News standards
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Newsroom experience is essential
- Proficient in After Effects
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Proficient in video editing
- Superb attention to detail, flexible, and adaptable
- Degree, diploma or certificate in journalism
- Exceptionally organized, self-motivated and creative
- Possess exceptional and proven visual storytelling skills
- Experience publishing content using a CMS (Content management system)
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Knowledge of news management system, preferably iNews
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Proficient in Canadian Press style
- Ability to identify and master social media trends
- Ability to make independent editorial decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well individually and/or in a team
- Strategic knowledge of Canadian and world news
- Background in graphic design or multimedia production
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Remote
Application Deadline: 05/05/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.